I am hosting my daughters baby shower on Jan. 18th at our Club house for 50 people. I woke up a couple of days ago in a panic, because of the Holidays and company, I really hadn't gotten much planned. So I spent the last few days brainstorming and planning and here is what I have so far:
1) Mother and baby bird theme using chocolate brown and teal and damask. I am using the small plate for desert. And white "Chinette" plates for brunch.
2) I stamped the luncheon napkins and the invitations with brown ink with our little theme:
"tiny little thing, great big blessing"
And mailed the Invitations Saturday Jan. 1st.
3) The food table is going to be 12" long. (50 people) We are using the diaper cake in the middle, and I bought this cute little carriage and pregnant dress form for one end of the table, and a pretty little bird cage, which I will decorate for the other end. Then the diaper cake for the middle.
I started the "diaper Cake"
4) I am having cupcakes made so we won't need a real cake. But I am looking for a cute way to display the cupcakes. A cupcake tree? Make a stand? I am using my cake stand for the "diaper cake". Does anyone have any ideas for the cupcakes?
5) I have 3 white eyelet paper lanterns and 4 teal ones and am looking for some brown ones. I found this cute way to hang them creatively without putting any holes in the Club house ceiling.
Does anyone have any other ideas of how to display the pretty lanterns? The shower is going to be during the day so they won't be lit up like this. I have 8 lanterns total.
I am going to set each of the five tables with a pretty tablescape... and the plates, cutlery and favors.
My Daughters Mother in law is helping with all the food and a Baby Bingo game.
My lovely daughter in law Cara, is in charge of setting up the buffet table and making little "momma bird and baby bird" sugar cookies for favors.
We aren't going to do a bunch of games with that many people there... we are going to play baby bingo while my daughter opens presents and we are having a diaper raffle. I put a little note in the invitations saying bring a bag of diapers and get a raffle ticket for a chance to win a "Fabulous" prize. Then we will also raffle off little gifts during the present opening...
I am planning the menu now... Its a sunday brunch. We can't serve alcohol in the clubhouse but I think I am going to have virgin Mimosas. Any good brunch ideas? Food? Drinks? Deserts?
Am I missing anything? I know I am...
Ok my crafty friends... any ideas? I still feel a little panicky.