Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (recommended: Craisins)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir until well blended.
Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie with the back of the tablespoon. Repeat until sheet is full, being careful not to crowd. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container.