Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday!

Look what I found in my garlic chives!
(Click on any photo to see some fantastic detail)


I looked out my window while having my coffee and saw
what I thought was leaves in my garlic chives...

Later in the day I decided to plant a row of onions and got a closer
look at what was really in my garlic chives!



So I took one in for a little photo shoot!
What a pretty little mushroom!





No, I didn't eat it.

Stop by and visit Susan at
A Southern day Dreamer to see more
Outdoor Wednesday!

Thanks for visiting the Project Table
~Really Rainey~

19 comments:

  1. That was going to be my question - Did you eat it???? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great details in the pictures and glad no magical mystery tour for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mushroom shots.
    Joyce, IL, USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mushrooms, but I am glad you did not eat it. I wouldn't want to know if it was poisonous or not...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like there ought to be something you could do with those amazing mushrooms. They really are so full of great detail. Wish you could preserve them somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! There are pretty details on your mushrooms, you captured them very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a surprise. It makes for great closeup photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY great shots of this!!
    Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad at least you are able to see a little something green. This weather that is happening all over the country, hinders the little green plants. That shot of the mushroom turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos. Every Spring some kind of strange looking mushroom pops up in my courtyard and disappears after a few days. Think I brought it in with some mulch few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shrooms... Takes me back to my misspent youth

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a pretty mushroom. Love the photo shoot!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a pretty sight! AMAZING how pretty DANGER can be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How can something so pretty be so lethal? Great photos!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a pretty mushroom - I enjoyed seeing anything actually growing and not covered under 2 ft of snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! Isn't it amazing how fast they "appear" and grow so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are great shots of a very nice looking mushroom. We used to pick them a lot when I was a kid, then take them to the local cafe where they'd cook em up, and we eat what we'd picked for dinner. I'm sure glad my folks knew what they were doing, or we might not be here today!
    Thanks for sharing. Hope you'll stop by sometime.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it fun to take those super close ups? I like the lighting in the photos of the mushroom on the table.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...