Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Out Door Wednesday

The Pair of Mourning Doves that live at our house in the front yard hatched their baby a while ago, this is evidence in this photo. See the baby has outgrown the nest just a bit. We all him the teenager that just won't leave. He barely fits in that nest!




As I am photographing the baby in the nest Momma bird watches over me, doing things to distract me so I don't get too close to her baby.


We also have a pair of Mourning Doves that live in the back yard. They haven't made a nest yet because they have it in their heads to make a nest on MY Ceiling FAN on the patio... Ahhhh sorry pretty Doves... No way.

I have tried to get a photo of them landing on there, I hear them in the morning early, making their little cooing nosies when they flutter away. Doves are so beautiful and peaceful birds, but the good Lord didn't give them too much smarts... They are always flying into windows... Sometimes when I'm sitting there! Scares the you know what outta me! The young ones build nests in the strangest places too... Sometimes dangerous and precarious places.

Yesterday morning one of the back yard doves was sitting on the fan motor and it had something in its mouth. Nesting stuff! So I turned on the fan to low and he spun around about 10 full rotations till it finally flew off. I hope it got the message that I don't want them building a nest there... They already lost a baby from building a nest up there at the beginning of Spring. My Granddaughter found the half formed egg on my patio.

But we love them... They mate for life so we try to protect the ones that live in our yards as best we can... They are part of our family!

Speaking of family... While I was out front photographing the Doves, our daughter and her hubby and our Grandson came by. They bought a trailer for their bikes to take Preston along... He looks so Kewl and he just loves it in there... what a ride! Its nice having them live in my neighborhood. Now is the time for us to get out and do things like walk and bike.... cause in a month we will all be in our pools!



Too Kewl for School! (Well he is only one!)



After a brief visit... I showed Preston the baby birdie... then off they went!



I have linked to


Thanks for visiting

The Project Table!
~Really Rainey~

6 comments:

  1. What a cute post about those not-too-smart doves! You are very lucky to have your grandson so close by. He looks like he enjoys those bike rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That biking looks wonderful--and I love the reluctant teenager dove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new lighter look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a couple that live close to me, but not sure where their nest is - may be 2 couples. I love hearing them. I was thinking not long ago, that I have not seen or heard them in a while. Sure hope a cat did not find them. Your Grandson looks like he is enjoying his new ride. :-)
    Like your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new blog dress..very pretty.

    Cute post about the birds...and your grand is precious in his sunglasses...:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. 不要把生命看得太嚴肅,反正我們不會活著離開。......................................................

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...