Thursday, July 22, 2010

Foodie Friday! ~Checkerboard cake~

This week my niece Brianna came to visit and we made a fun cake...
I used my daughter's checkerboard cake pans and it was easy and fun!
(Click on the photos to enlarge)



My Niece Brianna:



Pouring cake batter using the guide that cake with the cake pans:



Taking the guide out and washing it before I move to the opposite color.



Three layers of red and white:



Baked to perfection:



Carefully stacked and frosted:



Beautifully frosted:



Our cake, a little lopsided, but not bad for our first attempt.



Try a piece?
Vanilla and Red Velvet Checkerboard Cake



I'm linking up to
Miss "G's"Foodie Friday

13 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Need to find one of those pans.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating some as we speak.. thanks for bringing some over Mom!! PEOPLE ITS DELICIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly and Micky!

    So Kelly... where did you get those pans anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to make one of these. Yours is so gorgeous. I am sure it tasted even better. What great cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always admired these when I saw them---but they intimidate me! The best part is the time you shared with Brianna and the lifelong interest you may be helping to spark in her! I think your first effort looks professional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Red Velvet Cake is one of my favorites. I love how your cake turned out...so pretty. What a nice memory for your niece!

    Happy Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh that looks GORGEOUS!! and your niece is just adorable... thank you for sharing yet another beautiful creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Rainey! Love all the great steps you have shown! You had a fun day creating with your lovely niece, Brianna! Love that name, my granddaughter Brianna will be three this week. What a fun time! Wish I had that pan! Hope you got a lot of figs put up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks fantastic! And what cute helper you had-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these times I've seen that checkerboard cake and was like "how the hell did they do that??!!"

    Looks terrific for your first attempt - and your niece is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS-I just got one of those pans this week, I see a fun project coming up:@)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...