Monday, August 15, 2011

Red Wine braised Beef short ribs

Red Wine braised Beef short ribs


2 lb. Beef Short ribs bone in
1 bottle of red wine
1 large sweet onion-chopped
3 large carrots-chopped
3 stalks celery plus some leaves
2 tab chopped garlic
Salt-pepper

Season short ribs with salt and pepper. 
Brown short ribs in some olive oil in a enamel cast iron pot or dutch oven. 
(I used my Le Creuset Doufeu)
Reserve meat on a plate and lightly saute the chopped veggies for about 2 to 3 minutes. 
Add meat back in the pot and pour in a half of a bottle of red wind. Cover and braise (cook on low) beef for 3 hours, checking occasionally that there is enough liquid to keep meat moist. There always is when I  use the Doufeu. 
I put ice on the lid and the condensation drips down on to the meat and keeps everything moist. 
Serves 4 
I serve them with garlic mashed potatoes. 

seasoned beef short ribs
a bottle of red wine, onion, celery and carrots
Le Creuset Doufeu- enameled cast iron pot
Le Creuset Doufeu w/ice in the lid
Chopped veggies getting their flavor on!
Served on Garlic Mashed potatoes


Save the bones to make stock if you like.

~ENJOY~



I've linked this post to eKats Kitchen Friday Potluck # 50

3 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy! I'm hungry and my mouth is just watering!
    Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my place and taking the time to comment;o)

    ¤ Happy week ¤

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so unbelievable rich and flavorful looking! Wow! This is right up my alley for sure. And I love your pot - I'm in love with Le Creuset! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...