Tuesday, October 18, 2011

13 Daze till Halloween Project Countdown

 Day 13...
A spooky Halloween lamp for the buffet table ($2.00)


For Halloween I am doing a spooky buffet so I needed some spooky light... I found this lamp and shade at a yard sale for a dollar! I had the edging left over from another project and I bought the black light bulb for a dollar at Big Lots.
 (There is a regular light bulb in it for the photo.)




























I used black spray paint to make the Metal lamp  and shade look spooky. I hot glued on the edging and screwed in the black light! I'll be using this on my Halloween buffet tablescape.


Checking to see if the lamp even works and how the black light looks.

Some flower/yarn edging I had on hand.

I love black lights but they are hard to photograph when they are on.

Before

After

Glueing on the edging

What an easy Halloween Decor project! You can even add creepy eyes to the inside of the lamp shade for some fun!
13 Daze of Halloween Projects!




3 comments:

  1. Fun redo and at a great price. You did good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenda! It all comes apart easily for storage too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Spooktacular! You are so creative, Rainey!
    I always leave your blog all smiles! Bless your warm and friendly heart!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...