Friday, October 14, 2011

A Foodie Blogger Meet up and Stuffed Pork Chops!

Blogger Meet Up
&
Caramelized red onion and fig pork chops.

On Wednesday Hubby and I had the pleasure of meeting up with Dave and Jackie from My Year on the Grill and Inspired by E Recipe cards dot com. What a fun time! The four of us hit it off right away and the lunch turned into dinner at our house. Four Foodies in the kitchen was hilarious for various reasons. Dave's stuffed pork chops were amazing! You will have to wait to get the recipe over at his blog when he gets home and does a post. (I'll update when he gets the recipe post up)

We met for lunch at the Queen Creek Olive Mill:

The Queen Creek Olive Mill Entrance
The buildings
Dave purchasing their lunch
We found a table outside over looking the garden and olive trees.
There was so much to choose from... Yes that is fresh Sangria. Jackie and I  thought that sounded so good!
More Sangria.... on and some salad too... hehehe 
I thought these looked amazing! 
More delicious looking snacks...
Jackie and I had the chicken Panini
Mike had roast beef on marbled bread and a delicious tomato and basil soup
Dave had bruschetta  
It looked so good with all those fresh ingredients! 
Dave and Jackie sampling all the different olive oils and vinegar's!
So much to choose from
Oils, vinegars, and jars of flavored olives!
This one was interesting...
This is the garden where the restaurant gets most of its fresh herbs. Look at all that basil!
 Then we headed to my house which is only two miles down the road and had cocktails on the patio then Dave got this great idea to stuff some pork chops! He made the pork chops and I made a spinach salad! Jackie and Mike Kept the wine glasses full!


Dave cutting a "pocket" in the pork chops

close up

Dave used a jar of "Caramelized red onion and fig he bought at the Olive Mill and some blue cheese and cream cheese to stuff them. He added seasoning and I'm not sure what else, I'll update this post when he posts his recipe.
Right from the oven!
Dave from eRecipes.com and Rainey from The Project Table! It was SO much fun!
I'm not sure what we were doing here!
Caramelized red onion and fig stuffed pork chops with Spinach Salad
Those chops were amazing and so flavorful and moist.
Ahhhh ok this might be one of the worst photos I have ever posted...  But we are outside having dinner on the patio and all I could think about was diggin into my pork chop!

Next time we are going to meet up at Dave and Jackie's house and
hopefully have some of Dave's BBQ!
Hint Hint


I'm linking to Foodie Friday!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks like ya'll had a fun time and enjoyed some great food.
    Thanks for sharing it all with us.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...