Monday, January 2, 2012

Bun-less Cheese Burger

Sometimes you just crave that cheeseburger... 
I didn't have any burger buns so I made it "protein style" with no bun and wow am I glad I did! 
With the caramelized sweet onions and perfectly ripe avocado, crispy lettuce and a grilled bison (or beef or turkey) patty, I won't need a bun again! 
Warning tho: It was messy. 
But what GOOD burger isn't messy?

Enjoy Life!


  1. Beef or turkey please! :D
    Just getting ready to heat up leftover baked chicken and green beans - Your burger looks much better.

  2. This is my kind of meal!! Really, I have been doing this for years and was really craving a burger tonight after all the turkey I have eaten, lol!! It looks so yummy!!

  3. Your burger is a work of art! My mouth is watering.

  4. Hi, Rainey....gosh I was so glad to see you came by. I've missed ya. Blogland is getting so huge, I stay lost half the time. :)

    My sis*in*law always ate her burgers and sandwiches without bread...using lettuce leaves as the "bread." I'd forgotten all about that until tonight. :)
    xo bj

  5. You are making my mouth water by looking at this. Yumm! Happy New Year to you....Linda

  6. You make it look so appealing. Jackie has me on limited carbs, so i only get to bake bread everyother week. this would work for the bad weeks.

    Hope you had a great holiday!


  7. Happy New Year!
    I just found and loved your blog!
    Visit me at:

  8. This would make me very happy.


I welcome comments and questions...