Thursday, October 18, 2012

Carmelized banana peppers and onions


My summer garden is finished... except for the banana pepper plants!
They are still yielding peppers by the bushel or at least by the 13x9 pan every couple of weeks.
I took this photo October 14th and along with the peppers that need to be picked, its got baby peppers and its still flowering!



   
I've pickled them: (Along with some asparagus and red onions)



But today I caramelized them OH YUM yes!

Caramelized Banana Peppers and Onions


A handful of fresh banana peppers
2 tab. olive oil  (I used Queen Creek Mexician lime Olive Oil)
1 large sweet onion sliced

Toss peppers and onions in oil place in a cast iron skilled and caramelize onions and peppers.



At the every end I added two Bison burgers and cooked those with the onions and peppers
for lunch
Banana Pepper Bison Burgers





I've linked this post to Foodie Friday
ENJOY

5 comments:

  1. For me to say YUMMY may sound a bit trite, but it isn't... because I adore peppers :) All types of peppers. The zestier the better in my book. And I have to say the images you have posted are MOUTH watering ........

    I'd write more but now I have a craving LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look delicious! Glad I found you on Instagram.
    -Rachel from Bakerita.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I'm glad I found you on IG too! I'm heading over to your blog now!
      Rainey

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rachel! I'm glad I found you on IG too! I'm heading over to your blog now!
      Rainey

      Delete
  3. OK... I am officially concerned... Drop me a note Contact@eRecipeCards.com How about just a few photos when you get a chance...

    Are you just done blogging (it happens), or is something wrong. Plotting a possible trip to Phoenix in Feb.

    Dave, who used to be Year on the Grill

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...