Friday, November 1, 2013

One Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients

2 Bone-in skin-on chicken breasts patted dry with paper towels
1 large or 2 med sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
2 Tab. cooking oil (I use coconut oil)
1 Tab. Butter
Sea Salt and Pepper

Directions
Heat oven to 375 degrees
(I brine the chicken in a bowl with salt, garlic powder and apple cider vinegar for about an hour. You don't have to do that but I really love how juicy the chicken comes out when I do this)
In a heavy skillet (I used an enamel covered cast iron. But any skillet that can go in the oven will do) heat the oil and the skillet to medium heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Place chicken in skillet skin side down and add the butter, brown till the skin is desired color
(About 8-10 min)
Once brown put chicken on a plate and set aside.
Toss sweet potatoes in oil, butter and chicken drippings till well coated add more salt and pepper.
Cook for about 5 minutes till a little brown.
Arrange in bottom of skillet and add chicken back to skillet, skin side up. and place in oven for about 30 to 40 minutes till chicken is desired doneness.
Toss the sweet potatoes in a tablespoon of brown sugar if you like before serving.


***Another variation of this recipe is to use carrots and yukon gold potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.

Serve with a salad and call it delicious!
I'm linking this post with Foodie Friday over at Rattlebridge Farms
Enjoy!






6 comments:

  1. Hey... welcome back! Missed you. Hope all is going well

    Dave and Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great meal and I'm pinning so I don't forget to try it. I always brine my chicken in salt for a few hours. Learned that from my mom, and I love your idea of adding some vinegar. Thanks for this lovely plate of food.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions...